Satisfy your cravings and your sweet tooth even you are a vegan. Being a vegan does not mean food deprivation or abstaining from eating well-loved desserts. Vegans are just like any other humans who eat sweets. It is not all about eating greens and avoiding meat.
We know you are looking for the best vegan desserts on the Internet. That’s why we’ve compiled a few recipes of vegan desserts that you can try at home.
Vegan Desserts: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 16 cookies
- ½ cup solid coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line your large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In one large bowl, whisk coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla together until combined. Then add coconut milk and applesauce and whisk again until well combined. In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients using a wooden spoon, stir until all ingredients are well combined. Fold in 1 ¾ cups of chocolate chips.
- Scoop 3 tbsp sized mounds of dough onto your parchment paper while leaving a few inches gap in between each cookie. Bake for about 9 to 10 minutes or until centers have set and edges are golden. Press remaining chocolate chips into the warm cookies. Cool on baking sheet for about 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
No-Bake Lemon Tarts
Prep Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
Yield: 3 mini tarts
For the Crust:
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw cashew
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
For the Filling:
- 1 cup raw cashew soaked in cold water for 4 hours
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup of canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
How to Make:
- Grease lightly three 4.75 inches tart pans or one 9 inches part pan using coconut oil.
- To make the crust, combine shredded coconut and cashews in a food processor and break it up into smaller bits. Add coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and lemon zest and blend again to combine until it is moist and sticks together.
- Press crust evenly on the bottom and sides of the prepared pan and set aside.
- In the food processor, combine all filling ingredients and turn into medium0high and blend for about 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Taste and adjust the maple syrup or lemon juice based on your preference.
- Put the filling into the crust and smoothen the top.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set. Serve chilled.