They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why not? It jump starts your energy and fuels your day towards productivity. And just like any other people, vegans need the same energy that everybody gets from a hearty breakfast. For those vegans on the go, there should be vegan breakfast ideas that are easy to pull off. Are you ready to level up your fuel starters with some on the go vegan breakfast ideas?
Vegan Breakfast Idea: Spanish Omelette
- 300g medium sliced potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced large red onion
- One cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper
How to Make:
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add onions and potatoes. Cook it for about 20 minutes over low heat or until potatoes are soft. Feel free to add some water to help with your potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix chickpea flour, water, salt, and pepper.
- Once your potatoes are ready, add it into the chickpea mix and stir to combine.
- Rinse pan and heat remaining olive oil. Then add the mixture and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes over medium heat.
- When the top part of the mixture is starting to cook through, flip it over to cook the bottom side.
- Make sure that both sides are cooked and brown. Put in a plate and cut it into 8 slices then serve.
Vegan Breakfast Idea: Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp natural butter extract
How to Make:
- In a pot, combine almond milk, rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, and salt over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil for about 1 minute. Stir it frequently.
- After boiling for about a minute, it is time to reduce heat to medium and continue cooking. Stir it frequently because the bottom part is prone to burning. Continue stirring until mixture thickens yet still creamy. Make sure oats are already soft. It will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add all other ingredients, stir.
- Serve in a bowl and top with pecans. Enjoy!