Not The Usual Vegan Breakfast Ideas
Are you getting bored with your usual vegan breakfast of oats, smoothies, granolas, chia pudding, and energy bars? Honestly, you should be. Because these are not the only options you have, there are endless vegan breakfast ideas out there waiting to be discovered.
It has been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and being a vegan means you have to eat light. Are you even aware that you can eat hearty vegan breakfasts that will kick start your day? No? Then let’s discover a few vegan breakfast ideas that you can try at home.
Vegan Breakfast Ideas: Scrambled Tofu
Prep Time: 26 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
For the Scrambled Tofu:
- 1 tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- 8oz sliced mushroom buttons
- 1 chopped red pepper
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 454g medium-firm tofu or 2 349g extra firm silken tofu
- 19oz black beans drained and rinsed
For the Spice Mix:
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- One tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
How to Make: Vegan Style
- Mix in all listed ingredients under the spice mix into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium to high heat; then add mushrooms, onion, pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 8 minutes or until all turn brown.
- Add tofu and break it using your spoon. Get a nice scrambled texture with chunks. Add in the spice mix, as well as the black beans. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with toasted wheat bread.
Vegan Breakfast Ideas: Breakfast Sandwich
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 3
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 14oz pressed and cut lengthwise extra firm tofu (6 slices)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 quick melt vegan cheese slices
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1-2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup of lettuce
- 2 thinly sliced medium tomato
- 6 slices of pickles
- Ground pepper
How to Make: Vegan Style
- Season the tofu’s one side with salt, pepper, turmeric and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Put in the tofu slices with the seasoned side down. Season the other side while cooking. Cook it for about 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly brown and crisp.
- Melt the cheese on top of 2 slices of tofu on a baking sheet. Broil it for 1 to 3 minutes in the oven to melt.
- Spread vegan mayo on both sides of the toasted or untoasted bread; it depends on your preference. Place 2 slices of tofu with melted cheese on one side and add the greens, tomatoes, and pickles. Close the sandwich together and cut diagonally.