Indian food is one of the world’s best cuisines. From delicious curries to airy and chewy bread, Indian food has a deep depth with the complexity of flavors that you will never find easily anywhere else. Indian food is known to be complicated and difficult, but once you have understood the Indian food basics, then it is the easiest method to move forward. Some recipes take 3 hours of your time, but many can also be made in 30-45 minutes. Below, you will see some Indian vegan recipes that you must try at home the upcoming weekend.
2 Indian Vegan Recipes That Will Make You Go Crazy
This is a south Indian style Tomato Chutney that is sweet, salty, spicy, and tangy. Some simple spices addition add some depth, dimension, and deliciousness to the chutney. This tomato chutney is soy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and can also be a nut-free recipe.
The preparation time needed for this recipe is 10 minutes, with a cooking time of 20 minutes.
- Six medium tomatoes
- One teaspoon mustard seeds
- One teaspoon coconut oil
- Two teaspoon urad dal or black gram dal
- Two red onions finely diced or shallots
- Some curry leaves
- Two tablespoons of peanuts
- Two teaspoon curry powder
- One teaspoon cayenne
- One teaspoon paprika
- One tablespoon jaggery
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
Methods To Make Tomato Chutney – Indian Vegan Recipes
- Take a food processor and process some tomatoes in it until they roughly break down. Do not make a puree but also don’t keep the large tomato pieces. Or you can even chop them if you know how to chop small-sized tomatoes.
- Some oil in the nonstick saucepan.
- Add some mustard seeds and as soon as they sputter, add curry leaves, peanuts, along with urad dal. Stir fry them properly for the next one minute until the dal changes its color to light gold.
- Add onions or shallots and stir fry until they get golden brown.
- Add the curry powder, tomatoes, sambar powder, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne. Add some jaggery and some salt to taste.
- Allow the tomatoes to cook over medium flame until the juice in the tomatoes dry up. You will know that the tomato chutney is done when the tomatoes start sticking to the pan. Make sure you stir the tomatoes continuously so that nothing gets burned.
- Turn the heat off and serve the chutney warm or at room temperature.
Indian Curry Paste To Cook Restaurant Style Dishes
The method of making this Indian curry paste is quite easy, and you will get guaranteed delicious results. The cooking time required for the Indian curry paste is 10 minutes.
- Three medium-sized tomatoes
- Two medium-sized onions
- 2 inches ginger
- Eight garlic cloves
- Some mushrooms
- Two teaspoon cayenne
- Two teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon turmeric
- Two tablespoon ground coriander
- One teaspoon cumin powdered
Methods To Make Indian Curry Paste – Indian Vegan Recipes
- Place all of the ingredients together in a blender and blend them properly into a smooth paste without adding any amount of water.
- Use the paste, or you can also keep it in the freezer.
The above given are the two Indian vegan recipes that are good to go with almost all Indian dishes. Cook a good vegetable in the Indian curry or enjoy the cooked tomato sauce along with the main mail.