Vegan Dinner Recipes: High Protein Samosa Pie
Whether you are a gym buff loading up on proteins while on a strict vegan diet or a vegan on a high protein diet, there are meatless meals that will satisfy your nutrient requirements. Vegan dinner recipes are not limited to salads and all greens only. It is time to widen up your perspective and knowledge about a vegan diet.
Protein sources are not limited to meats only. There are even high sources of such that are vegan-friendly or purely plant-based. Why don’t we discover one high protein vegan dinner recipe and let’s load up on some nutrients together?
- 2 peeled and diced medium-sized potatoes
- 1 diced large onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 150g frozen green peas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g minced frozen soy or 2 tins of drained and rinsed lentils
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1pack of filo pastry
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat your oven to 350F while letting the filo pastry rest at room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and put tomatoes in until soft. On the last minute of boiling the tomatoes, add in the peas and let them cook for a minute. Drain it afterward, and mash together the two cooked ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onions and garlic. Add dried coriander, curry powder, and chili powder and cook for another minute. Add minced soy and a drop of water. Cook for about 10 minutes over a medium fire.
- Combine the cooked soy with the mashed mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Feel free to add some water if you think the turn out mixture is quite dry.
- In an oven dish, transfer the combined mixture and smooth it out into even layers.
- With your filo pastry, unfold it and layer it on top of the combined mixture. Brush every layer of the sheet with oil. You can do 10 layers of 5 filo pastry sheets folded in half.
- Brush the topmost layer with oil too. Create four slits into the top to let the air escape while baking.
Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until top layer is crisp and golden brown. And there you have it, one of the many delicious high protein vegan recipes you can now try. Enjoy!