Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Do you know that pumpkin lovers have significantly increased vitality? And the matter is not only in its beneficial properties but also in the bright orange color, which is considered one of the most favorable colors in psychotherapy. With its elegance and variety of forms, this vegetable pleasantly pleases the eye, will cheer you up even in bad weather. The fatty mineral composition and a large number of vitamins make pumpkin one of the leading products of diet and baby food. The Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup also has one more advantage – no matter how much you eat it, you will never gain weight from this vegetable.
A large number of dishes can prepare from pumpkin: cakes, cookies, muffins baked with it and, of course, soups are made. Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a delicate and aromatic dish that will appeal to both adults and children. In addition to pumpkin, it contains carrots, which makes it doubly useful. And I’ll tell you how you can diversify this dish, taking it as a basis.
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients: (For Two Servings)
Pumpkin pulp 200 gr
Carrots 1 pc (100g)
Onion 1 pc (100 gr)
Garlic 1 clove
Flour 1 tbsp
Grated Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp
vegetable oil for frying 70-100 ml
Curry 1-2 tsp
Water or 0.5-liter broth
This soup conveniently cooked in a non-stick pan or a thick steel bottom pan. In them, you can first fry the vegetables, and then add water and boil the soup.
Step-By-Step Recipe For Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup:
- Wash and cut the pumpkin.
- Remove seeds with soft membranes – conveniently with an ordinary tablespoon, ideally – with an ice cream spoon with thinner and sharper edges.
- Pumpkin seeds can be eaten. It is a valuable and useful product. Fried, they are delicious, and raw, fed on an empty stomach, have antiparasitic properties. Peel them from the orange pulp, rinse thoroughly and dry on a towel.
- Peel the pumpkin. It is convenient to do this by first cutting the pumpkin into pieces.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Grate carrots on a grater.
- Saute the onion in vegetable oil until soft, for about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, pumpkin and garlic squeezed through a press to the onion, salt and fry on low heat for 15 minutes.
Frying vegetables in fat at low temperature is a necessary procedure. During it, fat-soluble vitamins and aromatic substances extracted from plants, which contributes to better absorption by their body.
- The great idea is to add one small apple to the soup. Peel it from the peel and core, cut into cubes and fry along with pumpkin and carrots.
- At the end of the frying, add flour and 1-2 teaspoons of curry to the vegetables, mix. If the children eat soup, curry is not necessary.
- When the vegetables are fried, add 0.5 liters of water to them, bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pumpkins soften. Water can be replaced with broth
- Add grated cheese to the soup, cook, stirring until the cheese dissolved.
- Remove the soup from the stove and grind it with a blender until smooth. Caution, do not burn yourself with the hot spray! Return the pot of soup to the oven, try and, if necessary, add salt and sugar – balance the taste. If the soup seems too thick, add some water or broth. Bring the soup to a boil, cover and turn off the heat. Let the soup brew for 15-20 minutes and serve.
When serving, you can diversify the soup with various additives: fat cream, peeled pumpkin seeds, pieces of chicken or meat, cubes of raw smoked sausage, olives and, of course, your favorite Garlic crackers