Easy Dessert Tofu Recipes for Vegans
Tofu is one of the best sources of protein for vegans, and because of its texture and versatility, it goes well with almost any dish, including desserts. It may sound weird at first, but tofu’s bland taste actually goes well with the sweet and tangy flavors expected in a dessert. In this article, we discuss one of the best tofu recipes out there.
Dessert Tofu Recipe: Baked Tofu with Currants and Berries
- 1 ¾ cups tofu
- 2-3 tbsp rose water
- 1 ½ vanilla non-dairy milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegan vanilla pudding
- 4 spoonfuls wholemeal wheat flour
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup black currants
- ½ cup or more raspberries and blueberries
How to Make:
- Preheat your oven to 390F.
- Blend in a high-speed blender the tofu and milk. Afterward, add remaining ingredients except for currants and berries while still mixing.
- Now transfer the mixture into a silicone mold for baking.
- Spread fruits on the batter and press lightly. The portioning will depend on your preference, but note that the more currants you put, the sourer your dough will get.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the middle rack for another 15 minutes. Remove it from the oven afterward and let it sit at room temp for at least 3 hours.
Dessert Tofu Recipe: Strawberry Mousse
- 2 cups drained firm tofu
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tbsp agave sweetener
- Grated dark dairy-free chocolate
How to Make:
- Using a blender, process the sliced strawberries until it turns into fruit paste. When the consistency is achieved, add tofu in small bits and blend again.
- When mousse thickens up to the point when it seems not to blend anymore, add agave syrup. It will blend again but at a slower pace because of the consistency. This is how you want your mousse to be.
- Continue blending until mousse is completely smooth. When consistency is achieved, stop the blender and pour the mousse into four small glasses.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but if you want a firm mousse texture, feel free to chill it overnight.
- Serve with some strawberries and grated chocolate on top.
And there you have it, one delicious vegan tofu recipe for a scrumptious dessert!